Selling a house? Moving soon? It can be such a whirlwind at the end that it helps to have a checklist of reminders so you are ready in your new home. Our Gulf Coast Properties Team wants to make it easy to relocate to Mexico Beach, Port St. Joe and the neighboring communities along Florida’s Gulf Coast.
- Cancel any subscriptions, deliveries, garbage collection and newspapers at your old house or move the subscription to your new house.
- All the utilities to your new home including gas, electricity, water, sewer, phone lines, cell service, Internet and television services.
- Make proper arrangements for transporting live plants and pets.
- Transfer insurance policies and/or arrange for new policies.
- If you are traveling a long distance have your cars or vehicles serviced and checked over before embarking on a long journey.
- Keep valuables in the vehicle with you such as passports, medical and dental records, school records and birth certificates.
- Consider movers insurance if you are having someone else move your items for lost or damaged goods.
- Ask around on social media for professional referrals such as doctors, dentists, CPAs etc. if you are moving to a completely new city or state.
- Change your addresses with the U.S. Postal Service and make sure all of your mail is forwarded to your new address. You’ll want to inform relatives, friends, debt collectors, subscriptions, organizations and any clubs you might be a part of.
- Have a first aid kit in the car with you if you plan on traveling long distances as well as snacks, drinks, and water.
- Be sure to enroll kids in their old school and re-enroll them in a new school is transferring to a different school district.
- Pack the essentials last in the moving truck so they are the first items off of the truck.
If you are planning to move in or outside of Florida’s gulf coast real estate area this year consider these simple tips to make your move easier. If you have questions or would like more information about moving and relocating to our area please feel free to call our office at any time.